Saturday, September 23, 2006

back to the blog...

I really have to apologize to all those who have returned to this blog and have not found any new posts since July...I had an amazing summer, and most of it was so busy that I did not keep up my promise to blog as I should have.
Anyway, in August I went to Brasil. I spent some days in Canavieiras, south of Bahia State, a beautiful city with amazing beaches and a historical past, going back to the old days of cacao exports. here are some pictures:


This is a view of the Pardo River from the Canavieiras harbor. You can see a statue of Iemanjá, the Queen of the Oceans, and also the boat "Fortaleza", where we went for a very nice ride all the way to the mouth of the river.


Fishing boats in Canavieiras and the most beautiful clouds I have ever seen...


This is a sample of the architectural style of most old houses in Canavieiras. Many of them have statues decorating their facades. These are remnants of the days of glory of the cacao trade...


Old growth mangrove trees, a very rich environment for crabs, fish, shrimp and sea birds


The main church in Canavieiras

More to come...

No comments: