Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Jazz Camp West 2006


I just returned from a beautiful week teaching at Jazz Camp West, a gathering of about 320 musicians held each summer in La Honda, located in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. This year was a special one, with lots of music and great musicians. I wrote a few new tunes during one of my classes, which focuses on spontaneous composition. The other classs I taught featured the music of my musical mentor Hermeto Pascoal, who just turned 70 years young last week.
The image above represents the peace and beauty of the place. We had coyotes howling in the morning and a strong musical bond among all participants.

1 comment:

Nancy Topf said...

Jovino,
Great to see you and hear you at camp this summer. You continue to be a very positive presense in the JazzCamp setting. For emerging and developing musicians to attend and have positive support from the teachers is crucial I believe. Thank you.